Help for Sun 386i spastic DOS mouse?

Alfred Hartmann alfred at mcc.com
Fri May 26 01:00:27 AEST 1989

Help!

We have two 386i/250's and one of them has a totally spastic mouse
response inside a DOS window.  I know that the mouse response in DOS is
sluggish in general, but since we have two systems here we can verify that
DOS mouse behavior in one of them is definitely pathological.  Cursor
movement is in two or three inch jerky jumps on the screen, and the cursor
jump direction is almost purely random (i.e. unrelated to direction mouse
is being moved). We have swapped out hardware (mouse and mouse pad) and
software (Microsoft Mouse driver) to no avail.  Sun hotline has been no
help on this problem.  The mouse works fine in Sun mode, but mouse cursor
goes into Mexican jumping bean emulation in DOS mode.  Programs that need
a DOS mouse are unuseable.  We are running 4.0.1, but also saw the problem
on 4.0.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Alfred Hartmann
MCC - Austin, Texas