Strange behavior between syslogd and sendmail

Jon A. Tankersley apctrc!cra2!zjat02 at uunet.uu.net
Thu May 11 13:39:02 AEST 1989

I ran into some problems with the sendmail and ypserv/named that I finally
solved.  Seems that %y (ypmap) lookup was matching my .uucp connections
and NEVER dropping through to the uucp mailer.  It was hung trying to mail
via SMTP.

If you are not getting the message back, it could still be queued for
delivery (up til 3 days).  Try the following after the mail -v

/usr/lib/sendmail -bt -d21.12
> 0 address at to.try
.lots of sendmail output....
> ^D

See what sendmail is doing.
Each line of the ruleset is printed as it executes and is resolved.
Pretty verbose and pretty handy.
-tank-
#include <std/disclaimer.h>		/* nobody knows the trouble I .... */
tank at apctrc.trc.amoco.com    ..!uunet!apctrc!tank