Explicit Refreshing of a SunView screen

Ray Smith rcsmith at anagld.UUCP
Tue May 9 04:25:10 AEST 1989

Configuration:  - 3/160
		- SunOS 3.5
		- 1 slightly tired and frustrated novice SunView programmer

Scenario:  I am working on a process that searchs data.  Since the search
can take from several seconds to a few minutes I would like to pop-up a
window with a little message in it saying what is going on.  I have a
panel button call the function that starts the search and it is within
this function that I want to bring up the pop-up, finish the search, and
remove the pop-up.  When I do this I see in my debugs that the funtion to
create the pop-up is called properly and everything is set as it should
be.  Then I see the search complete and the function to close the pop-up
window is called properly; however, the pop-up is never displayed.  I know
there must be a way to refresh the screen but I have not found it yet.  I
have tried using wmgr_refreshwindow() without success.

Since I imagine this has occured in the past I thought I would appeal to
the net for help.  Please realize that I have read TFM till I am blue in
the face and have not found a solution to this simple problem (something
about not seeing the forest due to the trees comes to mind).

Any pointers to manual pages I may have missed, code fragments, or any
help in general regarding this problem would be greatly appreciated.

-Ray
--
        Ray Smith         | UUCP: {uunet,aplcen,netsys,sundc}!anagld!rcsmith
     Analytics, Inc.      | ARPA: RCSmith at DOCKMASTER.ARPA or
	Suite 200         |       anagld!rcsmith at uunet.uu.net
 9891 Broken Land Parkway |
    Columbia, MD 21046    | Voice: (301) 381-4300         Fax: (301) 381-5173