Connecting CDC Saber disk

j.mukerji jis at mtgzx.att.com
Tue May 9 13:38:07 AEST 1989

In article <314 at shuldig.huji.ac.il>, shmuli at HUJICS.BITNET writes:
: Sun's distributor here says that it is not possible to connect a CDC Saber
: disk Model 9720/1230 (1.2 GB capacity, SMD/E interface, 3 MB transfer
: rate) to Sun workstations because the transfer rate is too high.  Has
: anyone done it?  Thinking of it?  Comments?

The said distributor of Sun seems to be mistaken. We have been using a CDC
9720/1236 with a Xylogics 753 Controller in a Sun 3/150 and getting very
satisfactory service for the last six months.

We plan to use these drives on our new Sun 4/330 servers too.
--
Jishnu Mukerji,
mtgzz!jis, jis at mtgzz.att.com
+1 201 957 5986
AT&T Bell Laboratories, MT 3K-423, 200 Laurel Ave., Middletown NJ 07748