386i tty drivers?

David Beckemeyer unisoft!bdt!david at ucbvax.berkeley.edu
Thu May 25 09:32:54 AEST 1989

I'm posting this for a friend who has an AT-bus Serial I/O card for which
I have written tty drivers for the various 386 UNIX's and (cough) SCO
Xenix.  These are good old-fashioned "clist" device drivers using
"standard" line discplines.

I've not written a "streams" driver yet and the Sun 386i developer docs on
this are poor, especially regarding how the line disciplines are plugged
in.   Sun says to "call Sun Consulting".  My friend has a small company
and has already shelled out the bucks for the Sun 386i and I think I could
figure it out given accurate and complete documentation.   Does good
documentation exist which contains enough information to port my "clist"
tty driver with line disciplines to a "streams" driver for the Sun 386i?

BTW: It's an intelligent I/O card using shared RAM fifos, but that's not
important right now.

David Beckemeyer (david at bdt.UUCP)	| "Adios amigos.  And, as they say when
Beckemeyer Development Tools		| the boys are scratching the bad ones,
478 Santa Clara Ave. Oakland, CA 94610	| 'Stay a long time, Cowboy!'"
UUCP: {uunet,ucbvax}!unisoft!bdt!david	|                  - Jo Mora