Second XYLOGICS in 3/160, not recognized

Everett F. Batey II elroy!suned1!efb at ames.arc.nasa.gov
Fri May 12 00:24:39 AEST 1989

Posting this for a non-netnews neighbor.  My neighbor is trying to put two
XYLOGICS 450/451 controllers into one 3/160 ( xyc1, xy2,xy3) and has reset
board side jumpers and dip switches.  Believes he has done all the written
instructions.  No mention of BG / IACK rejumping.  One board seems to
shaddow the other.

... have connected up two disk drives to the main CPU.  Can't get them to
work.  There's an extra board next to the original controller that we
can't identify.  It's in slot 7, where the first controller normally goes
... the first (original) controller is slot 8, and we installed the second
controller in slot 9.  Does that sound right??  Anyway, now the machine
can't find either disk drive.

Any ideas welcomed .. /Ev/

           The_Main_User (So Calif SunLUG | Vta-SB-SLO-DECUS)
      efb at elroy.JPL.Nasa.Gov efb at suned1.UUCP efbatey at Vaxb.Navy.MIL
      Statements, Opinions ... MINE ... NOT those of my US Employer