Second XYLOGICS in 3/160, not recognized

Lehtinen Pertti mcvax!etana.tut.fi!pl at uunet.uu.net
Fri May 19 22:09:22 AEST 1989

> There's an extra board next to the original controller that we
> can't identify.  It's in slot 7, where the first controller normally goes
> .... the first (original) controller is slot 8, and we installed the second
> controller in slot 9.  Does that sound right??  Anyway, now the machine
> can't find either disk drive.

Slot 7 is SCSI-slot and usually SCSI controllers are there.  We have (on
3/260) problems with Ciprico SCSI controller, because it shadows second XY
(EE48).  This happens when ciprico is configured according to instructions
on release notes for driver.  This is one possibility for your problems.

We shifted the SCSI-controller up in memory and, it's now ok.

					Pertti Lehtinen
					pl at tut.fi
pl at tut.fi
Pertti Lehtinen