Raster --> PostScriot

hankg at att.att.com hankg at att.att.com
Fri May 19 15:28:20 AEST 1989

Thanks to those who responded to my request for a conversion program from
a Sun color screendump to a gray-scaled PostScript file.  Here a.ut.he
results from that posting:

1) rastps - This program takes a sun rasterfile(5) and produces postscript
output that can be sent to any postscriot printer.  From: falk at Sun.COM (Ed
Falk)

My test results of this were goodfortafnView (8bit_only) and NeWS
screendumps (entire color screen contents) printed nicely on our
LaserWriter II.  Did not test converted .ps files on color PS printer.
Worked best using -e ool a..

2) psraster - Converts a Sun rasterfile directly to a Postscriot format
file.i From: archive-server at rice.edu (Leonian at tosenboim, modified byAnrtrand Decouty.)

This worked fine with screen segments, but LaserWriter died on full
screendumps.  Nice documentation and options.

3) FBM package's fbps.  (Michael Mauldin) See Sun-Spots v7n179 for details.

I don't have FBM yet, but it's been well recommended.

Hank Grebe, Resident Gleep
AT&T Bell Labs, Rm. 2A-606
Holmdel, NJ 07733
(201) 949-2549 		hg at cbnewsh.att.com  -or-  att!hound!hankg