lpr loses last part of output

Jeff Stearns jeff at tc.fluke.com
Tue May 9 14:38:57 AEST 1989

jns at meridian.com (Jerry N Sweet) writes:
>We have a Printronix P6040L printer hooked up to the ALM-2 parallel port
>on a Sun 3/260 running SunOS 4.0.1.  About half the times that lpr is used
>with plain text, the very last part of the output is mysteriously
>truncated.  ...

Have you installed the "General TTY Patches" tape from Sun?  It's alleged
to cure this problem (which occurs with other serial ports under SunOS
4.0.1 as well).

You'll see this same problem if you just "cat file>/dev/ttya", for example.
--
    Jeff Stearns        John Fluke Mfg. Co, Inc.               (206) 356-5064
    jeff at tc.fluke.COM   {uw-beaver,microsoft,sun}!fluke!jeff

PS - Calling all users of the Vitalink TransLAN IV Ethernet bridge! Please
     drop me a line.