ftp login process?

Mocker mocker%mulberry at hub.ucsb.edu
Sat May 6 18:44:27 AEST 1989

please forgive me, but I'm new to this FTP business.  I was trying to
download some files from the FTP server at titan.rice.edu, and it said I
needed to login before it could do anything. What user name and password
should I use to login to the server?

any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, Joe Mocker.

[[ Log in as the user "anonymous" (or as "ftp" if you don't feel like
typing).  Use whatever password you like, as long as it is one or more
characters long.  You will be chroot-ed to a subtree of our directory
system that contains just the archives.  --wnl ]]