Philips B/W monitor loosing horizontal sync

Ray Frank ray at cs.rochester.edu
Tue May 9 14:02:27 AEST 1989

boulder!fesk!sverre at handies.ucar.edu (Sverre Froyen) writes:

<We have a Sun 3/160 with a Philips B/W monitor (sold through Sun) which
<has lost its horizontal sync....

There have been these sorts of problems with the Philips monitors.  The
last time I had a monitor repaired by SUN it cost us around 600 dollars.
They used to charge us 1200 dollars several years ago but since then they
have taken a more rational and realistic approach to customer service.
Are you sure they want 1300 to fix it?   I sure hope not.  In fact, my
price list for repairs lists it as 600 dollars.

ray