Modem line help

Rich Neitzel thor at thor.ucar.edu
Wed May 3 14:34:21 AEST 1989

I am sure that I am overlooking something simple, but -

I just added a modem onto serial port A on our Sun-3/260 running OS4.0.1.
Several people ahve complained about having to set their end to 7 bits,
even parity. I tried to change this to 8/none using ioctl and TCGETS and
TCSETS.  This works fine for serial port B which is attached to a printer
using 8/none, but will not work for the modem line. I verified that the
change toook place, but when I dial in at 8/none things are bad, while
7/even works fine. It appears that when the modem is active the 7/even is
used despite the current settings. Can someone point me in the right
direction?

			Richard Neitzel
			National Center For Atmospheric Research
			Box 3000
			Boulder, CO 80307-3000
			303-497-2057

			thor at thor.ucar.edu