Laser Printer for a Small Network of Suns?

Mark Lawrence drd!mark at uunet.uu.net
Thu May 25 01:46:58 AEST 1989

Two options:
	a.  you're willing and experienced enuf to futz with 3rd party
	products
	b.	you'd rather not spend the time/energy/etc.

If a., then you can look at things like the NEC LC-890 or Qume (look for
absolutely the best price for a printer that understands postscript and
works off serial).  And then buy something like devps from Thalatta or
Elan (from wherever) and install it.

If b., then buy the SunApple machine with Transcript.  No futzing
necessary.

I went route a. and after almost a year of futzing with NEC, weird line
levels, buffer (parallel/serial convertor) boxes and no transcript-clone
software, I think that if I had it to do all over again, I would have gone
route b.