atrun problem

john.j.tupper maddog at cbnews.att.com
Tue May 9 02:51:52 AEST 1989

We have several sun's running sunos 3.5. Whenever we schedule an at job,
the correct file is created in /usr/spool/at, but whenever /usr/lib/atrun
runs, it complains that each and every at job has a "bad spooler header".
I assume atrun is making reference to the four lines at the start of the
file that look something like:

# owner: root
# jobname: maddog
# shell: sh
# notify by mail: no

Does anyone know what's going on here?
	thanks,
	maddog

sdf sdfsdfoijj 				My real signature is illegible too

[[ This is a known bug in atrun.c of the 3.5 distribution.  The entire at
and cron system was rewritten for 4.0.  See volume 7 issue 135 and volume
6 issue 225 for further explanations.  Basically, the old atrun.c code was
using an undocumented feature of sscanf.  That feature went away in 3.5
and atrun broke.  --wnl ]]