Are 3/60's worth putting on a service contract?

Alan Edwards rush%xanadu at lll-crg.llnl.gov.UUCP
Wed May 3 13:33:26 AEST 1989

Hello, it has been mentioned in SunSpots that 3/50's are not worth putting
on a service contract because the cost of doing this is more than the
average cost of repairing a 3/50 times the breakdown rate.  That was very
helpful, we have since taken our 3/50's off of our service contract with
Sun.

I was wondering if the same logic applies to 3/60's.  Does anyone have a
good idea of whether or not a 3/60's average repair costs outweigh the
service contract costs?  Thank you very much.

-Alan

 | Alan Edwards: rush at xanadu.llnl.gov |
 |   or: rush%xanadu at lll-crg.llnl.gov |