X11/NeWS.

Eric Ho eho at cognito.princeton.edu
Sat May 27 15:42:04 AEST 1989

Does anyone out there know if X11/NeWS will eventually be included into
SunOS ?  If not then it'll be a boo boo though.  I mean, I don't see why
Sun still continues to ship their machines with 1st generation
kernel-based (yuck !!) window systems when other manufacturers are
shipping their products with network-based window systems.  I think that
Sun is falling behind in this regard.

The argument for existing X & SunView applications is really irrelevant
here as XView is available from MIT.  --

regards.

-eric-