Setting up a Sparcstation lab.

Doug Meyer dougm at umrisca.isc.umr.edu
Fri Oct 13 01:27:28 AEST 1989

I am posting this for a friend. Please respond to the address given below.

We are considering setting up a small lab of SUN Sparcstations and were
wondering if anyone else had had experiences (good or bad) with a similar
setup. Here is what we are considering:

 1.) ~10 Sparcstations, each with 8M of memory and a single 104M local disk
     for paging and temp space.
 2.) An additional Sparcstation with ~2G of SCSI disk space to act as a
     file server for 1.).

We would also appreciate knowing, from those that have similar installations,
what type of high capacity disks are being used. The SUN rep here is
understandibly trying to sell us their drives, but we are seriously
considering going to a third-party for them.

Thanks,
Ralph Wilkerson (ralphw at gator.cs.umr.edu)
Department of Computer Science
University of Missouri - Rolla