Sun SNA gateways

Peter Gray pdg at draci.cs.uow.oz.au
Mon Sep 25 16:53:20 AEST 1989

We are in the unfortunate position of having a IBM system 38.

We would like to be able to access the S38 from our async terminals
connected to terminal servers. We have Sun 4/260's also on the network.

I know Sun have SNA gateway software but understand it will not talk to a
S38. Is this true?

If it is true, does anybody else have software/hardware that will do the
job we require??? It would be nice if the software ran on the Sun's and
allowed async terminals to run software on the S38 as though it were a
5250 terminal, but we will certainly settle for emulation of a 3270.

Many thanks,
pdg

Peter Gray                    ACSnet: pdg at draci.cs.uow.OZ.AU
Professional Officer          UUCP: ...!munnari!draci.cs.uow.OZ.AU!pdg
Dept of Computing Science     ARPA: pdg%draci.cs.uow.OZ.AU at uunet.UU.NET
University of Wollongong      Phone: +61 42 270770
N.S.W.  2500  Australia       Fax :  +61 42 297768