Strange State

~Dave Regis dregis at pldote.intel.com
Sat Sep 23 02:39:15 AEST 1989

On a number of occasions, I've managed to get my s386i in a strange state
in which all windows seem to become read only.  When trying to select
text, the highlighted text is underlined rather than inverse-ed.  I
usually manage to enter the state when editing, and I may be hitting some
keys unintentionally.  The only way I've found to exit the state is be
re-booting.  Exiting sunview doesn't do it, logging out doesn't do it.
Once or twice I managed to get back to the normal mode by fiddling with
different key/mouse combinations, but I can never recreate the sequence...

Anyone have any clues as to what I'm seeing?  I searched the manuals and
found no reference to what I described; it sure is frustrating!

Dave Regis