Sunview - WIN ioctl device busy - HELP?

Kemp at dockmaster.ncsc.mil Kemp at dockmaster.ncsc.mil
Fri Sep 1 11:05:00 AEST 1989

Kevin Lohman writes:

 > When I compile the program, I do not get any errors, and it runs
 > without errors also.  However, in the window the program is executed from,
 > I get the following message:
 >
 >     WIN ioctl number 20006703: Device busy
 >
 > Anyone know what this means and how I can fix it?  The program seems
 > to run without errors - so is it just an annoying message?

Yes.

The June Software Technical Bulletin (p.787) says:

"Users can be confused when an application runs properly, but the
following error message is returned:

   WIN ioctl number 20006703: Device busy

This message is received because user [sic] has set WIN_SHOW to TRUE
when creating a base frame.  The function window_main_loop() takes a
base frame as an argument.  It sets WIN_SHOW to be TRUE for this frame
and then calls notify start().  Since the user has set WIN_SHOW to TRUE
in window_create(), then window_main_loop() sets WIN_SHOW to TRUE for
the second time, and the "Device busy" error message results.

Remove this line from window_create() and the error message will go
away."

I guess that says it all.

  Dave Kemp <Kemp at dockmaster.ncsc.mil>