Loss of vertical mouse movement in suntools/sunview

barry klawans mtxinu!kiwi!barry at ucbvax.berkeley.edu
Fri Sep 1 04:19:11 AEST 1989

In article <1027 at brazos.Rice.edu> karim at uncecs.edu (Omar A. Karim) writes:
>The SUN 4/110 which I have has recently developed a marked loss of mouse
>control in the vertical direction.
>
>Any help will be appreciated... moving the mouse around in large circles
>on the pad doesnt help.

I just saw a system exhibit almost identical symptoms a few days ago.
(Actually it was losing mouse control in the horizontal direction.)  Does
it look like the mouse is not responding very quick?  If so you probably
have a bad mouse.  I would guess that either the photo-receptor is dirty
or the optics tracking vertical motion are out of alignment.  Try moving
the mouse slowly up and down at a constent speed.  If the cursor starts
and stops and moves up and down in jerks try swapping mice with another
sun and see if the problem goes away.  It did at our site.

Barry Klawans						Sybase
Standard disclaimers apply.				6475 Christie Ave
UUCP: {mtxinu,sun,pyramid,pacbell}!sybase!barry		Emeryville, CA  94608