Loss of vertical mouse movement in suntools/sunview

David L. Kensiski mmsac!david at sacto.west.sun.com
Sat Sep 2 02:53:52 AEST 1989

Two of the mice on our four brand new Sun 3/60's lost vertical motion in
any window environment we tried (Suntools, XView and NeWS), so we deduced
the problem to be hardware.  (Besides, we're all software people here.
Any problem we can't solve has to be a hardware problem! :-)  Since the
systems were still under warranty, we simply called Sun and had them
replace the mice, and the problem was solved.

With a 50% failure rate at our site for the new mice, I'm surprised more
people haven't run into this problem.