Wanted: Configuration Management Tools

douglas bcstec!sleepy!wells at uunet.uu.net
Thu Sep 14 04:30:16 AEST 1989

We are looking for a Configuration Management tool which will run on our
Sun 386i workstations (approx. 52 of them).  We need something that can
do:

	version control,
	track problems/enhancements in versions,
	generate a delivery configuration from a wide spectrum of choices
	    4 hardware platforms
	    application array
	    application flavor [type = extended or base...] )
	generate status reports

all of this and user friendly, cheap, and able to leap over tall buildings
in a single bound.  Seriously, we do need such a tool set for development
on a large project.  If you know of such a thing, or have actual
experience (positive and/or negative ) please E-mail.  I will compile and
later post the responses (after bowdlerizing them, of course).