Mini-DIN Audio Input Connector for a SparcStation-1

Mike Jipping jipping at cs.hope.edu
Thu Sep 7 03:22:03 AEST 1989

Folks,

Has anyone successfully wired a microphone-to-audio-input adapter for the
SparcStation-1?  The 4.0.3 Release Notes manual has the pins required for
a do-it-yourself version of this adapter...

...but where does one find the Mini-DIN plug in the first place?  I can't
find specs for it in a manual (I've tried to wade through them all...).
Give me a plug and I can wire it...but I need the plug...I've scoured all
the connector catalogs I can find.  I probably just missed it, eh?

Can someone give me a lead?  Send mail to me and I'll summarize...

      Mike Jipping                        Internet: jipping at cs.hope.edu
      Hope College                          BITNET: JIPPING at HOPE
      Department of Computer Science         Voice: Hey!

P.S. I know Sun will sell me their own version of this thing.  But (1) it
costs $40, and (2) "everything from Sun takes at least 45 days to ship"
according to the sales rep.  I'd like to play with this cheaper and
faster.