"Sunsets" - One More Time

Gregory Miller gam at cvedc.prime.com
Sat Sep 30 03:53:56 AEST 1989

Dear `Spots Readers:

(Editorial Note: This message included a letter from Todd Bernhard of Sun
that he requested not be published in Sunspots, so I elected to abide by
his request. The main text of the message was in regard to the recent
posts regarding product shipping delays from Sun. He indicated that many
Sun employees felt that the articles were somewhat "harsh", but felt that
they should not officially intervene in the spirit of keeping Sunspots of
"independent" journal. I have been attempting to reach some sort of
Editorial decision regarding these types of articles, but for the large
part have been passing them unedited - but obviously I would rather not
see Sunspots turned into a "flame Sun" forum. Let's all take a moment to
remember that Sun is a large corporation, and as such will inevitably run
into product delays, especially on the newer, more highly sought after
machines. We all love constructive criticsm, but raw flames seldom achieve
anything. :))

[text of letter deleted]

Its easy to grow frustrated when the company which produces the technology
you love grows so fast, that their ability to follow on with Service goes
down the tube.  We can only hope that their silent moderation of this
Digest results in positive action. So it appears that this forum may be
the most suitable to air our comments.  But let's all strive to do so
constructively.

Enough said. :-)

Gregory Miiler
Technical Staff
Prime Computer ECAE Software		uucp:	  .....sun!nosun!cvedc!gam
Beaverton, OR  97006			Internet: gmiller at cvbnet.prime.com