info on plotting software?

mrs at philabs.philips.com mrs at philabs.philips.com
Thu Sep 28 07:19:53 AEST 1989

I'm looking for software that runs on a Sun under SunView that  creates
presentation/publication quality 2-D graphs (line, scatter,  double-y,
bar, etc).  Some data analysis capability  would    be nice,  but  is
not   required.  PostScript output, however, is necessary.

I've seen advertisements in "SunTechnology" that TempleGraph (~$1290) can
do this, but would like comments on this product from users of
TempleGraph. For example, how does it compare with similiar products on
the Mac (e.g.: CricketGraph, Passage, MacSpin, KaleidaGraph, etc.).

In addition, PV-Wave is another product also mentioned in this context.
Does anyone have any comments (positive/negative) regarding this product
or any other potential software that meets the aforementioned criteria.

Mail responses directly to me and I'll sumarize and post to the net.