12 Megs on a 3/60

Richard Foulk richard at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu
Fri Sep 8 10:49:15 AEST 1989

} Another 3/60 running 12 Megs had a different behavior, and I wonder if
} it's at all related.  Periodically it would hand with all of the LED's lit
} and the screen black, or with a pattern of vertical stripes.  This tended
} to occur especially just before the fsck during boot-up.  We replaced the
} power supply, the motherboard, then the whole chassis.  The problem occurs
} less often now, but is still there.  Is anybody else having this problem?

I had almost the exact same symptoms after I added additional memory
recently.  I moved the SIMMs around to different slots a few times and
things began to work just fine.

I suspect the problem is with the connectors.  They're not as robust as
they should be.

Richard Foulk		richard at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu