IPC 1.2 with a Sun 3/470 (4.0.3) (Was Re: IPC Semaphores?)

Mitchell S. Gorman felix!arcturus!mitch at hplabs.hp.com
Tue Sep 26 07:29:48 AEST 1989

xilinx!sol!kevin at uunet.uu.net (Kevin Kelleher) writes:
>I am having trouble getting them to work on a 3/280 running 4.0.1.  First,
>do they work in 4.0.1?  Second, does anyone have some examples of how to
>use them.

Well, I've got a little variation on these questions.

I am trying to set up IPC to run on a 3/470.  Unfortunately, when the
ipc_configure script goes looking for the kernel files, it looks for them
under /usr/share/sys/sun3.  Obviously, since the 470 uses the sun3x
architecture, this won't work.

Creating a link to a sun3 directory from the sun3x didn't work either.
Now, according to our hardware service rep, v1.2 of IPC _is_ supposed to
work with these new '030 machines.

So the ultimate question is:  has anyone used this particular
configuration of hardware and software?  Is there anything tricky or
obscure-but-vital that I need to do to make it work?

Please EMAIL responses, as I do not normally subscribe to this group (I
sort of "fell into" dealing with some of this sysadmin type stuff), and
remember contestants, please phrase your response in the form of a
question.

	Thanks in overly abundant quantities!

	Mitch @ Rockwell, Anaheim
	mitch at arcturus.UUCP