Need info on Sun's own version of C++

Naoki Saito GEO-002 Ext. 5471 saito at sdrvx2.sinet.slb.com
Tue Sep 26 12:07:34 AEST 1989

Hello, folks!  I've heard that Sun Microsystems Inc. is about to ship
their own version of the C++ language implementation including the
enhanced dbxtool etc.  This C++ is based on the AT&T C++ 2.0, that is,
includes multiple inheritance etc. Our sales representative informed me
that it would be shipped on Oct.26 '89, and its price is $1200 per cpu.
Not bad!!

Is there anybody who have tried (the beta version of) this product?  If
so, how good is this, especially compared to GNU g++?

Regards,

Naoki Saito (saito at sdr.slb.com)
Schlumberger-Doll Research