Sun Cartridge Tape problem.

Matt Jacob mjacob at sun.com
Sun Sep 24 17:49:41 AEST 1989

Gee. It sounds like you might have a Sysgen tape (the few that were
available on 3/160s). Ak. 4.0 tapes are QIC-24 (as opposed to QIC-11 in
previous releases). The 4.0 release in fact required prom upgrades even
for folks with the MT-02 in their system.

If this is indeed the problem, and you're sun sales rep gives you a hard
time, send me your mail address, and I'll drop you a QIC-11 short tape
with boot && standalone copy (which ought to do the trick).