Is the Sun setting?

Jonathan D. Trudel trudel at caip.rutgers.edu
Tue Sep 26 05:39:31 AEST 1989

>I can't believe what Sun's telling me!  I ordered a SPARCstation in June
>and still haven't received it!

>I'm interested in your experiences.

We ordered a VME-SCSI adaptor board (well, it's a SunVME (3 connector) to
standard VME (2 connector)) a little while ago.  Ok, so it's been TWO
YEARS since we placed the order, and we've yet to see it.  This order was
placed under the old inventory system, but even so, orders shouldn't be
neglected.  We do have our purchase order for the board, and every time we
have seen our sales rep we remind him of the order he tells us that he
will "try to find it" but that isn't an acceptable answer anymore.

There's also this order for Sun Common Lisp (version 3.0) that we've been
waiting for, but that's another story...

Sun has a fine product line, however, even though a computer company might
have the finest systems ever made, if they can't deliver them to the
public in a timely manner, they become worthless.

						Jon