Is the Sun setting?

ekrell at hector.att.com ekrell at hector.att.com
Fri Sep 22 23:25:03 AEST 1989

There's a big difference in lead time between monochrome and color
SPARCstations. Sun is telling us now that a color SPARCstation has about
45-60 days vs over 90 days for a monochrome one.

We ordered both a color and a monochrome one back in may/june. The color
one arrived in 45 days and the monochrome one arrived a month and a half
after that (for a total of 90 days).  I know of several others who are
still waiting for their monochrome 4/60's. It seems like that
configuration is very popular.

Eduardo Krell                   AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ

UUCP: {att,decvax,ucbvax}!ulysses!ekrell  Internet: ekrell at ulysses.att.com