~uucp broken after 3.5->4.0.3 upgrade

Mark Lawrence mark at drd.com
Sat Sep 16 06:14:05 AEST 1989

    Since we've upgraded to 4.0.3, when people try to uucp to our public
    directory (e.g., drd!~uucp), they get a remote path permission denied
    message.  uucp is defined in the passwd file with a home dir of
    /var/spool/uucppublic.  The USERFILE has /usr/spool/uucppublic and
    /var/spool/uucppublic entries as world accessible.  If folks uucp to
    drd!/usr/spool/uucppublic, it works just fine.  Anybody know the
    magic incantation that gets the ~uucp reference working again?
--
   mark at DRD.Com                (918) 743-3013              Jer. 9:23,24
   {uunet,rutgers}!drd!mark