~uucp broken after 3.5->4.0.3 upgrade

Mark Lawrence mark at drd.com
Sat Sep 16 07:26:35 AEST 1989

>     Since we've upgraded to 4.0.3, when people try to uucp to our public
>     directory (e.g., drd!~uucp), they get a remote path permission denied
>     message.[...]

The problem *was* with the USERFILE (although, for the life of me, I don't
understand why...).  We used to have two lines in the USERFILE declaring
/usr/spool/uucppublic and /var/spool/uucppublic as world readable/writeable,
just like the example in the reference section on uucp in the book (page
529).  We combined both paths on one line and the problem goes away.  Go
figure...

   mark at DRD.Com                (918) 743-3013              Jer. 9:23,24
   {uunet,rutgers}!drd!mark