Binary file transfer between Sun and Cray(UNICOS)

Daniel Robert Ehrlich ehrlich at cs.psu.edu
Wed Sep 6 06:24:21 AEST 1989

In article <1058 at brazos.Rice.edu> yale!slb-sdr!saito at uunet.uu.net (Naoki Saito) writes:

Hello!  I would like to know how to transfer binary files between Suns and
Cray under UNICOS without intermediate ASCII files.  If you know how to do
this or some information on this matter, please let me know.

Use RPC and XDR.  Not the most easy way to do it, but at least byte
ordering is taken care of for you by the XDR libraries.

Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich at shire.cs.psu.edu> | Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are
The Pennsylvania State University      | my own, and should not be attributed
Department of Computer Science         | to anyone else, living or dead.
University Park, PA   16802            |