Exabyte on Sparcstation-1 ?

Matt Jacob mjacob at sun.com
Sun Sep 24 17:42:44 AEST 1989

Exabyte is *not* a supported drive. Trying to outsmart the driver is not
smart in this instance. I put the message in for a reason- when I said
'not supported' I meant that. I don't play games with saying something
works, and then it doesn't. Nor do I vouch for equipment I haven't either
tested myself or have had someone test with my code. The fact of the
matter was that I didn't *have* an Exabyte to work with during SS1
development- ergo, no support.

I also understand that some of you out there had found that Exabytes
worked with other Sun releases. This is being addressed as best as can be
done. Contact Sun Consulting- a moderately cheap alternative may be
available *very* soon.

-matt jacob