Ciprico Rimfire as bootable device

steve soleil!jamieson at rutgers.edu
Wed Sep 6 08:08:15 AEST 1989

We have just received a Ciprico Rimfire controller and a Fujitsu 2382.
Currently the system boots from a Xylogics 450/451 at address ee40. We
also would like to load SunOs 4.0.3 on the new disk. Will SunOS recognize
the Ciprico controller as the bootable device if we change the Xylogics to
address ee48. How will munix recognize "rf" as a controller type ? Can we
leave the Xylogics as primary bootable device and have the Rimfire as
secondary in order to have two bootable operating systems ?

Any ideas welcome. thanks

Steve Jamieson
Harris Semiconductor
rutgers!soleil!jamieson (feed)