Desktop Scanners for the Sun

millipore!blu at samsung.com millipore!blu at samsung.com
Fri Apr 13 04:41:39 AEST 1990

We are working on an application that requires 8 bit grayscale scanning.
We would like the scanner to do both transmissive and reflective scanning,
but we could do the mods if it only does one.  The scanner should also be
as low in cost as possible. And of course it should work with Suns,
hopefully through the SCSI port.

The HP Scanjet is suitable, but HP doesn't seem to support Suns. So, if
you know of a scanner that works with Suns, or if you have gotten a HP
Scanjet to work with Suns, please drop me a line.

Brian Utterback, Millipore Corporation, 75G Wiggins Ave., Bedford Ma. 01730
Work:617-275-9200x8245, Home:603-891-2536
INTERNET:: blu at millipore.millipore.com
UUCP:: {samsung,cg-atla,merk,wang,bu-tyng}!millipore!blu