Vax with VMS connect to Sun ethernet network?

Gene Amdur array!gene at cs.utexas.edu
Sat Feb 24 06:20:46 AEST 1990

We are buying a Vax and (for various reasons) want to run VMS on it.  We
also would like to link the Vax to our local area network of Suns running
NFS.  We would like to be able to log onto the Vax from the Suns and
transfer files back and forth.

The problem is that the company which is going to sell us the Vax claims
that the Vax can talk to an Ultrix machine but that's it.

I would like to know if this is the case.  If not, then how do we go about
adding a Vax running VMS to our Unix network?

Any comments, suggestions, or help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Gene Amdur

gene at array.uucp
or ..uunet!lsuc!array!gene