Halp! SunLink DNI 6.0 problems on 4/60c

j. eric townsend jet at tramp.math.uh.edu
Sun Feb 18 15:52:05 AEST 1990

(I installed it from 1/2in tape by dd < dev > file, then untared the
files.  If you can tell me why that'd be the cause of some of these
problems, please do.)

1.  There're no man pages, to the best of my knowledge.

2.  dnilogind doesn't get started automatically, so I ran it with no
    arguments.  I still can't log in from another decnet site (I can dnilogin
    out, however).

3.  Is there no LAT support?  I bought it assuming there would be.  (I
    know, never assume, especially with computer vendors.)

4.  ncp is pretty broken, imho.  There seems to be no way to copy a
    database from another decnet node.

Hey Sun, after paying $600 for SunLink DNI 6.0, I feel ripped off in a
major way.

J. Eric Townsend
University of Houston Dept. of Mathematics
jet at karazm.math.uh.edu
Skate UNIX(tm).