ld.so dirties user stack

Juergen Wagner gandalf at csli.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 9 23:04:46 AEST 1990

Hmmm... Don't rely on such things as local variables being
zero-initialized.  Otherwise, you'll wind up with mysterious errors on
some machines.

As for shared libraries, the only problem I encountered is with programs
like TeX/LaTeX or GNUEmacs, which dump a core image to be read in again
later when the actual program is started.

I also encountered some strange "Segmentation faults" with some of my
(dynamically linked) programs, which go away if I use -Bstatic.  However,
I am not sure whether these bugs are due to bugs in the libraries or the
library handling, or whether the bugs are in my programs...

Juergen Wagner				gandalf at csli.stanford.edu