Video Hardware For Suns

Howard C. Hart nova!hart at decwrl.dec.com
Thu Feb 15 06:26:07 AEST 1990

In article <4619 at brazos.Rice.edu> boissier at irisa.irisa.fr (franck boissiere) writes:

>I am looking for some kind of video boards for Suns. I need some kind of
>device taking Video input (Pal/Secam preferred) and could display it on
>the Sun monitor. The main functionnality I need is to be able to give the

Funny you should ask. I just got through installing the SunVideo board by
Parrallax on our Sun 4/370. The software and manual had BETA version
stamped all over it, and there were some bugs, but after talking these
over with Gary Phillips (the Parallax tech), it worked like a champ.  Very
easy to use, they offer a suntools program interface and a menu driven
video window that allows you to save frames off a VCR or TV, modify the
color and lighting attributes of the video output to your screen, and even
build movies from Sun rasterfiles (provided you get a VCR that will save
frame by frame. I'd recommend it.

P.S.- I'm not associated with Parallax in any way. In fact, I'm not sure
I'm associated with anyone in any way...

Howard C. Hart               UUCP:{sun!sunncal,pyramid}!leadsv!laic!nova!hart