Setting up a Sun as a router

Neil Gorsuch zardoz!uninet!neil at uunet.uu.net
Sun Feb 25 16:23:30 AEST 1990

In article <5281 at brazos.Rice.edu> dg0951 at cec1.wustl.edu (Daniel Geist) writes:
>I am trying to set up my sun as a router without much success. I have an
>extra Ethernet card and I can talk to both my networks. But no machine on
>one side can talk to a machine on the other side. I seems like my sun does
>not pass packets between sides. I have for each side two different class B
>numbers i.e 128.252.123.xxx and 128.252.145.xxx. If anyone has done this
>before I need your help I seem to be missing something.

Me too, except that I am using SLIP instead of a second ethernet interface.

Neil Gorsuch     INTERNET: neil at uninet.cpd.com      UUCP: uunet!zardoz!neil
MAIL: 1209 E. Warner, Santa Ana, CA, USA, 92705     PHONE: +1 714 546 1100
Uninet, a division of Custom Product Design, Inc.   FAX: +1 714 546 3726
AKA: root, security-request, uuasc-request, postmaster, usenet, news