University Ingres on a Sparc Station 1

Rodrigo Fontecilla rod at brillig.umd.edu
Tue Jan 30 05:52:02 AEST 1990

I just ftp-ed University Ingres and succesfully compiled it on my
SparcStation 1 running SUNOS 4.0.3. However, when I tried to use the demo
relation it blows up. Most commands work but the most important: retrieve
does not. Below is the ingres session. Any suggestions?  Recompile with
different options? I would appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks in
advance.

e-mail to rod at brillig.umd.edu

	benn [ingres] > ingres demo
	INGRES version 8.9 (6/12/88) login
	Tue Jan  2 07:44:11 1990

	Greetings and Felicitations!

	 go
	 * range of i is item
	 * \g
	 Executing . . .

	  continue
	  * retrieve (i.all)
	  * \g
	  Executing . . .

	   |number|name                |dept  |price |qoh   |suppli|
	   3570: segmentation violation -- Core Dumped
	   pid list: 3570
	   INGRES version 8.9 (6/12/88) logout
	   Tue Jan  2 07:44:28 1990
	   goodbye ingres -- come again