undump or unexec for Sun-OS-4.x

geoff at harvard.harvard.edu geoff at harvard.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 29 05:59:28 AEST 1990

An unfortunate result of upgrading our Sun3 from OS-3.x to OS-4.x is that
the undump utility no longer works.  Has anyone been able to produce an
undump for OS-4.x on a Sun3 ?

Alternatively, does anyone have an unexec routine that I could load with
my program to achieve the same effect.  I have tried the unexec used by
gnu-emacs (with -Bstatic as a compile/load option), but no luck ...

I have also tried the unix-save used by kcl (kyoto common lisp), but it
depends on using kcl's special purpose malloc/free, amoung other things.

I am looking for undump or unexec, because the program's data structures
are so complex and in such a state of flux, that writing data-specific
dump routines would be very painful.

Geoffrey Clemm
geoff at harvard.harvard.edu