Sun/4 for accounting software (not IBM!)

Marie McCall mtm at igor.philips.com
Tue Jan 30 01:32:39 AEST 1990

*PLEASE HELP ME CONVINCE THE CONTROLLER SUN IS THE WAY TO GO, NOT IBM!!*

We are currently considering purchasing a Sun/4 to run interactive A/P,
G/L, labor distribution, job cost system, and Fixed Assets.  We are
looking for a company which is similar to ours that has already done this.
We are a research laboratory for a Fortune 23 company.  We have
approximately 12,000 G/L accounts and do about 120,000 A/P transactions
per year.  Although we do R&D we also resemble an electronic manufacturing
operation and deal with cost accounting. We would greatly appreciate the
opportunity to talk with any operation with any similarities. Thank you in
advance.

Marie T. McCall             |                | Phone: (914) 945 - 6355
Philips Laboratories        |                | Fax  : (914) 945 - 6375
345 Scarborough Road        |                | Email: {uunet!philabs!mtm} or
Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510  |                |        {mtm at philabs.philips.com}