YP: binding client to server not on same broadcast net

Herb Barad barad at bourbon.ee.tulane.edu
Tue Jan 9 05:09:54 AEST 1990

I need some help.  I have a collection of Sun clients all in the same
domain.  One of the machines is in another physical building, and thus is
not on the same broadcast net.  When I run ypbind on this client, it
hangs.  How do I make use of YP in this situation.  I cannot seem to even
make this machine a slave server and pull in the maps using "ypinit -s
master_server" on the client machine.

Herb Barad	[Signal & Image Processing Laboratory]
		[Electrical Engineering Dept. - Tulane Univ.]
INTERNET:	barad at bourbon.ee.tulane.edu
USENET:		barad at bourbon.uucp