routing in mixed 4.0.3 and 3.5 environment

Patricia Corl OPER kodak!ektools!elmgate!pic at cs.rochester.edu
Tue Jan 9 00:48:39 AEST 1990

Does anyone out there have a patch for SunOS 3.5 that will allow us to do
a netmask in the "ifconfig" command like 4.0.3 allows? We do have a source
license....

We have a need (believe it or not) to run 3.5 and 4.0.3 gateways off our
backbone here on a subnetted class B address. The 4.0.3 systems advertise
routes correctly as 129.126.XX.0 with the netmask ifconfig'd to ffffff00
but the 3.5 systems use the class B default of ffff0000.

The only other solution we really seem to have is to route everything
using static tables and don't run routed??

Pat Horton                              UUCP:[rochester,sunrock]!elmgate!pic
Eastman Kodak                           Internet: pic at kodak.com
Rochester NY                            716-726-9946