SPARCstation Audio Software?

Richard Friedman well!rchrd at lll-crg.llnl.gov
Sun Jan 7 07:53:53 AEST 1990

Does anyone know of any software now available that makes use of the audio
output of the Sparc station?  They distribute on /usr/demo/sound  a simple
record/playback tool, but does anyone have or know of a simple batch
program that can be used to "audition" (the sound equivalent of "display"
or "view"?) an audio file that I've recorded?

I'd like to put some error messages in my scripts that sound off verbal
warnings.  I need something like:
                   play -HIGHVOL soundfile

I could probably do it myself by cobbling stuff from the source for the
sound demo  (its in /usr/demo/sound/sound.c) but I figure someone out
there has probably already done it.

 /s/ rchrd <=> Richard Friedman <=>  rchrd at well
 rchrd at well.sf.ca.us | {apple,pacbell,hplabs,ucbvax}!well!rchrd