Interphase 3200 and SunOS 4.0.3

Fletcher Mattox fletcher at cs.utexas.edu
Sun Jan 7 07:55:50 AEST 1990

Has anyone been able to use an Interphase 3200 SMD controller with SunOS
4.0.3 on a sun3/160?

I've had no problem with a 3200 and SunOS 3.2.  I ran that combination for
three years without a hitch.  However, upon upgrading to 4.0.3 I just
cannot make the 3200 work.  An Interphase 4200 seems to work fine under
4.0.3, so I'm wondering if there's something peculiar about the 3200 ...

Note: I'm not even trying to boot off the Interphase disk, so it's not a
boot problem.  More details on request.  For now, I'd just like to hear
from someone that this combination is known to work.

Thanks
Fletcher